Those of you who have not gotten a silk or satin scarf for sleeping, do so now! Ever since i started wrapping my hair in a silk scarf before I sleep, I have woken up every morning to smooth, beautiful hair. Before, my hair was tangled and frizzy each morning, requiring careful and time-consuming brushing. Now, I just have to run my fingers once through to check for tangles, and there are hardly any!

Silk scarves don't have to be expensive. I got mine from Dharma trading and they are very affordable, even for international purchases. I bought 2 44" x 44" silk scarves, one Habotai and one Silk Satin. The Habotai one was cheaper, but the Silk Satin one was way smoother and silkier. That is not to say the Habotai one wasn't silky, but it had more of a texture than the Satin one.

I tie the Silk Satin scarf around my pillow, and the Habotai one I wrap around my head and hair after loosely bunning hair into a low bun at the nape of my neck. This is simply because the Habotai one is slightly lighter and thinner, and thus I feel it allows my head to "breathe" more easily. You could probably make do with smaller sized scarves if you are just going to tie them around your head,but I got the biggest size they had as I wanted to use it for my pillow as well. On that note, they do carry silk pillowcases as well, but I thought that a scarf would fit more easily around pillows of different sizes.





0 comments:

Post a Comment